Follow these diaper wreath instructions and enjoy making your own baby diaper wreath. Pictures available below.
How to make a diaper wreath Step 1.
Let's go Shopping. You will need the following to make your baby diaper wreath.
- A foam wreath base. Available from craft stores or a florist. A good sized diaper wreath base is around 12 inches (30cm)
- About 12 - 16 baby diapers. Small if you want a flatter look. Large baby diapers for a fuller fluffier look. Clean of course :-) Note that small is more useful for mum later.
- Around 10 baby items. A great idea is to use items that mum can use afterwards. Here are some ideas.
- Bottle brush
Pilchers or Bloomers
Bar of chocolate for mum
- Double sided sticky tape to help hold things in place.
- Curling ribbon. Remember to get appropriate colours. This will tone the wreath so you may want to get artistic here. Craft and $2 stores normally stock mountains of curling ribbon.
- About 16 strong clear rubber bands. Available from the post office or any stationary department.
How to make a diaper wreath Step 2.
Layout all the items mentioned above to create your diaper wreath.The dining table minus the children is a great place to start.
How to make a diaper wreath Step 3.
Place the ring down flat on the table.
Open a diaper up a little and with the front ( the bit that goes on bub's tummy) facing up, slide it like a clothes peg from the inside of the wreath over the wreath with the top on top and the bottom (bum bit) going under the wreath.
I recommend using a rubber band to now put around the diaper on the outside of the wreath. Some people will cut ribbon and use it, but a band will be more secure.
OK. Got the idea, now continue around the wreath and adjust after all the diapers are on your diaper wreath so that no wreath bit's are showing.
Now cut the same amount of 12 inch (30cm) ribbon as the diapers that you have used and tie them around where the rubber bands are. Curl the ends.
How to make a diaper wreath Step 4.
Now is the time to get all those cute baby items out.
Lay them loosely on the outside of the diaper wreath where the diaper is tied together with the rubber band and ribbon.
Try a few different combinations to get the best colour effect. You can use the double sided tape to help hold them in place as you tie them onto the diaper wreath. You only need to loop the ribbon through the rubber band and then tie over the baby item. Tie the ends off in a bow and curl.
Continue to tie all the items onto the diaper wreath.
How to make a diaper wreath Step 5.
Depending on the look that you want to achieve, you may now want to loop extra ribbon around the diaper wreath itself to add extra colour.
Congratulations- Your first diaper wreath